I finally hit my third trimester and I’ve been doing pretty well with my weight gain. So far, I’ve gained only eleven pounds. I know it’s not all from eating healthy because I’ve definitely been snacking (just ask my husband) a lot. It may be from the increased activity from chasing a toddler around, but whatever it is I surely want to maintain a healthy weight. I at least don’t want to hit the forty pounds I gained during my first pregnancy. That’s where this little Hummus and Veggie Roll recipe comes in. I wanted something that was tasty and healthy. Enjoy!
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Cup Carrots, Shredded
- 1 Green Onion, Sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Flour Tortilla Shells
- 2 Tbsp. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 2 Romaine Lettuce Leaves, Washed and Patted Dry
- In a small pan, over medium heat, cook peppers, carrots, and onions in olive oil until veggies are tender.
- Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Using back of spoon, evenly spread 1 tbsp. of hummus on each tortilla shell.
- Place one lettuce leaf down the center of each tortilla shell, on top of the hummus.
- Evenly spread a single layer of veggies onto tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla until completely closed.
- Slice into bite size pieces and serve.
Happy Valley Chow
Those sound awesome! Perfect healthy option to kick off the new year. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Happy Valley Chow
You’re very welcome!
Looks like a colorful and tasty snack! Pinning!
Thanks for pinning, Sarah!
What a fun snack! I am in love with hummus and veggies so this is perfect. Pinning. 🙂
I think hummus and veggies are always the perfect combo! Thanks for stopping by, Jennifer!
The rolls look really good! My son is growing and he’s asking for snacks all the time. I think these would be excelent for him. Thank you for sharing.
Hi, Joanna! These rolls are the perfect snack!