This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Rust-Oleum. I received compensation for this post, however all statements and opinions are 100% my own.
We moved into our home almost two years ago and I haven’t done too many big diy projects since then. I have a whole list of things I want to do, but I just didn’t know where I wanted to start.
I want to paint my walls, add crown molding, frame my bathroom mirrors, and make floating shelves. One thing that I have been really putting off that was at the top of my list was redoing my bathroom cabinets.
There’s really nothing wrong with them functionally, but I really dislike the color. I’m all about neutral colors, but for some reason the red undertones on my brown cabinets irked my nerves. An easy fix for me was to turn to the Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformations Kit to get the exact color I wanted.
I wanted a color more dramatic than the one I had, so I chose the espresso kit. I thought using the kit would prove to be difficult and there’d be a million steps just to get the cabinets finished, but I was completely wrong.
The step-by-step directions made it super easy and all of the containers were labeled with the number step it was supposed to be applied.
Here’s how I got the look of my gorgeous bathroom cabinets.
More from The Kreative Life: DIY Terrarium
Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformations Review
Gather the supplies listed on the box. I always wore gloves, a face mask, and had the floor covered no matter what. Surprisingly, the kit didn’t have a strong smell at all.
I removed the cabinet doors from the frames. I also removed all hinges and door stoppers. I taped the walls, inside of the cabinets, and floors with painters tape so the chemicals won’t spill over onto them while I’m working.
With the pad provided, I wiped the cabinet frames down with the deglosser and then did the same for the back of the cabinet doors. I allowed them to dry and completed the process on the second side of the cabinet door.
Next, using a paint brush, I applied the bond coat to the cabinet frames and then to the back of the cabinet doors. I allowed them to dry and completed the process on the second side of the cabinet door.
I skipped the optional step three of adding the decorative glaze because it would’ve darkened the espresso color and I was happy with the way it was.
Last, I applied the protective top coat to the the cabinet frames and then to the back of the cabinet doors. I allowed them to dry and completed the process on the second side of the cabinet door.
When everything was complete dry, I attached the doors back to the frames.
They came out beautifully and it required no sanding, stripping, or priming. The Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformations Kit gave my bathroom and whole new look.
If you want to see the process in its entirety, check out this video!