As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Only eight weeks left before my due date and I think I’m still on track with my weight. I have been eating fast food about once a week (tsk tsk), but so far it hasn’t put any unnecessary weight on. I’ve decided to slow down on the fast food and stick to my homemade meals. I’ve been craving a salad, but have been too lazy to take the time to make one. I also didn’t want to eat the same old salad that I always make. That’s why I’ve decided to add a little pizzazz to this Zesty Southwest Caesar Salad. Enjoy!
Zesty Southwest Caesar Salad
- 6 Tbsp. Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Paprika
- 8 Romaine Lettuce Leaves Rinsed, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese Shredded
- 1 Cup Canned Black Beans Rinsed, Drained
- 1 Cup Canned Whole Kernel Corn Rinsed Drained
- ¾ Cup Canned Diced Tomatoes Chili Flavor, Rinsed, Drained (I used the Rotel brand, but you can just add about ½ tsp. chili powder to your tomatoes if you can’t find the brand.)
- 1 Tbsp. Cilantro Chopped
In a small bowl, mix dressing, pepper, and paprika.
In a large bowl, add parmesan and 3 tbsp. dressing to lettuce.
Gently toss until leaves are coated.
In a separate bowl, mix beans , corn, and tomatoes.
Add cilantro and remaining 3 tbsp. dressing to bean mixture.
Add bean mixture to lettuce and serve.